Since Valentine’s Day is so close and I love baking I decided to make some decorated cookies for my loved ones.
300g butter (room temperature)
200g powdered sugar
2 tablespoons of vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 200°C.
2. In a large bowl, using a mixer, cream the butter at medium speed for 3 minutes until it’s smooth, light and fluffy.
3. Add the egg and vanilla extract and mix it.
3. Gradually add the powdered sugar to avoid sugar dust clouds.
4. Once everything is perfectly mixed, add the flour. Blend it all together using the mixer for a moment and then use your hands, make sure not to mix it too much or the cookies will be hard to bite.
5. Roll the dough to a 1 cm thick. There’s no need to let the dough chill and there’s no need to add flour on the surface.
6. Cut into any desired shape.
7. Bake at 150C for 20 to 25 minutes.
8. Let the cookies cool down before decorating.
9. For decoration I use royal icing powder since it’s safer than making it from scratch. I add water gradually until I get the consistency I want and then I add the food coloring.
That’s it for the cookies.
I promise you they are delicious, and so easy to make. The decorating part is the hardest part but after a while you get used to it.